(As of March 24, 2020)
Abstract Submission Period
Abstract submission has been closed. Thank you very much for your submitting abstract.
WCES 2020/JSES 2020/ELSA 2020 will feature an outstanding scientific program bringing together national and international communities of doctors, residents, trainees, and medical staff engaged in the field of endoscopic surgery. Participants who wish to make scientific contributions are strongly encouraged to submit abstracts via the congress website.
Please submit your abstracts by selecting a related word among categories. There are two categories: I and II. Please first select an option within category I and then select an option within category II. The words will then filter into the session titles upon the review of abstracts. If your abstract does not fit within category I and II, please list your abstract in the “other” category. Please also indicate your preference of presentation style; oral presentation, digital poster or either. Sessions will be slotted based on the outcome of the review process.
The abstract must be written in English and contain a brief, clear statement of conclusion.
The abstract body should be approximately 2,000-2,500 characters (about 200-250 words).
* For Medical Staff who is going to submit an abstract in Japanese, the submission site is separate and is in Japanese.
Please select the most appropriate category for your presentation.
The Program Committee will make the final decision on the presentation categories.
Symposium / Panel Discussion / Workshop
Please refer to the Scientific Program page for details.
Oral and Digital Poster
|2||Medical Staff in Endoscopic Surgery (Nurse)|
Safety Management / Anesthesia Assistance / Education/ Others
|3||Medical Staff in Endoscopic Surgery (CE)|
Safety Management / Maintenance Management/ Others
|4||Surgical Equipment and Instruments|
|7||Brain / Nerve|
|8||Thyroid / Cervical Part|
|10||Respiratory System (Benign)|
|11||Respiratory System (Malignancy)|
|14||Thoracic Sympathetic Nerve Trunks|
|15||Heart / Great Vessel|
|22||Large Intestine / Anus (Benign)|
|23||Large Intestine / Anus (Malignancy)|
|25||Gallbladder / Gallbladder Calculus|
|28||Hernia / Abdominal Wall / Peritoneum|
|29||Obesity / Metabolism|
|32||Kidney / Ureter|
|33||Vesica / Prostate Gland|
|34||Other Urological Region|
|37||Other Gynecological Region|
|39||Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery|
|5||Complication / Accidental Symptoms|
|6||Reduced Port Surgery|
|10||Virtual Reality Simulation|
|13||Medical Device Management|
|16||Endoscopic Surgical Skill Qualification|
Prizes and Awards
To be considered for a grant, an applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Please make sure to click “Travel Grant” checkbox when you submit the abstract.
- Applicant must be 45 years of age or younger at the time of congress (September 9, 2020).
- Statement of your interest in attending and presenting at WCES 2020/JSES 2020/ELSA 2020.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries with limited opportunity to attend International Congress/learning activities due to economical disadvantages.
- Once the selection has been approved, applicants will be required to submit the copy of passport and the confirmation letter of the head of department. This letter needs to be signed by the head of department and should state applicant’s current work.
For details, please check “Prizes and Awards” on the website.
Best Presentation Award
The congress will award to the best presenters who give the outstanding presentation. All the applicants who call for any sessions will be subjected to this award.
Karl Storz Award
お問い合わせ先：ip_contact[あ]convention[ど]co[ど]jp（[あ] を @ に，[ど] を . に変えてください。）
c/o Japan Convention Services, Inc.
E-mail: abstract-wces2020[A]convention[D]co[D]jp( Please chainge [A] to @ [D] to . )